When academic or administrative staff with records at the Personnel Office report for duty, the Personnel Office will assign an exclusive employee number to each of them. The school business email account and password of academic or administrative staff are as follows:
- Account: "z+employee_number"
- Password: The same default password as the Cheng Kung Portal.
In the future, payrolls will be sent to this email account, and information of other school-related affairs may also be delivered to this email account.
NCKU academic or administrative staff (qualified for logging in the Cheng Kung Portal) with records at the Personnel Office.
- The NCKU email accounts will be generated automatically by the system after the Personnel Office enter the relevant data to create a file. After completing the report for duty, new academic or administrative staff may attempt to log into their school email accounts. Academic or administrative staff may contact this Center (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 61016) when they fail to log into their email accounts.
Methods for logging into a NCKU email account are as follows (choose 1):
Email capacity: 15GB
- The password of the NCKU email accounts (z+employee_number) of academic and administrative staff has been integrated to the Cheng Kung Portal. After logging into the Cheng Kung Portal, select "My Account" on the upper right and then "Password" to change the password. After changing the password online, the same password will apply to the NCKU email account.
Expiration of NCKU email accounts for academic and administrative staff:
- After discharge, the system will automatically delete the NCKU email accounts of academic and administrative staff "six months" after their discharge. Discharge staff are advised to make backup copies of all important data before discharge. This Center will not make further notice.
- After retirement, the NCKU email accounts are originally intended for maintaining contacts with academic and administrative staff. As no school business will be sent over these accounts, the system will automatically delete the NCKU email accounts of retired staff “six months” after their retirement. Retired staff are advised to make backup copies of all important data before retirement. This Center will not make further notice. If retired staff need to receive the pension payrolls, please contact the Cashier Division (ext. 50605) to send such payrolls to other personal email accounts.
• E-mail FAQ