Notice on Student Dormitory Network service during 2018 Summer Semester.
In order to maintain good quality of service and fair usage policy of the student dormitory network, the Computer and Network Center will enforce, during the summer recess starting from 2018/07/11, the same mechanism of access and traffic control as semester time. Resident students or guests must register to the Dormitory Network Management System before using network services. This registration needs to be done only once during the period of residence and the dormitory network service is fully accessible only after user’s registration is completed successfully.
Resident students or guests should note the following and, after the registration is open, complete the registration procedure using their own computers connecting to their allocated network jack.
Registration open time: 2018/07/11 AM10:00
URL of registration：http://dorm.cc.ncku.edu.tw
- Please comply with the following regulations:
- After the registration open time, user can only access the url: http://dorm.cc.ncku.edu.tw before his/her registration is successfully completed. The dormitory network service is fully accessible only after user’s successful registration. (Caution! This website is limited to our school IP to access. Do not connect to the phone data network or other Wi-Fi network.)
- When making registration, user should use his/her own computer to connect his/her own network jack and make sure the following:
- the IP & DNS settings are set to automatically assigned (acquired);
- no proxy and no VPN services are set;
- using a browser (IE is not recommended) to open the URL of registration.
- Upon successfully completing the registration, user’s computer and the network jack used are bound to user’s student ID so there is no need to register again unless the user is using either a different computer or a different network jack to access dormitory network service.
- The Dormitory Network Management System will implement the 8GB-per-24-hours (upload+download) traffic control policy. Those who exceed the 8GB limit can continue using the network services but the speed of network connection will be much lower.
- Using Wi-Fi router is not prohibited. However, the Computer and Network Center assumes no responsibility for any consequence of using Wi-Fi router or the configuration setting of Wi-Fi router.
- About network traffic policy, change device, etc. please refer to the website.
For more information or queries, please contact the Computer and Network Center:
- TEL: 06-2757575 ext. 61010
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dormitory URL: http://dorm.cc.ncku.edu.tw