In order to improve the effectiveness of the mail system, the Computer and Network Center will conduct the mail system conversion from 17:00 to 21:00 on June 24, 2020 and the mail service will be suspended during conversion.
- Service suspension time: The mail system conversion will be conduct from 17:00 to 21:00 on June 24, 2020. If the conversion is completed early, the mail service will be resumed in advance.
- The new system sends and receives mails as follows:
- Webmail: Please login to http://mail.ncku.edu.tw
- Mail receiving software (e.g. Outlook, Thunderbird, mobile device mail App): There is no need to change the settings if it is IMAP account, but the POP account will re-collect the mail.
- The username and password of the new mail system are the same as the old system.
- Description of system conversion stage:
- First stage: The mail system conversion will be conduct from 17:00 to 21:00 on June 24, 2020 and the mail service will be suspended during conversion. Please login to the new system using the account password of the old system after the conversion is completed. The new mails will be sent to the new system and old mails will remain in old system (Unable to send mail, only for inquiries) from 21:00 on June 24, 2020.
- Second stage: The old mail system data of the faculty (including mails, contacts, calendar, auto-forward settings) will transfer to the new system from 21:00 on June 24, 2020 to July 22, 2020. If do not see the old mails in the mailbox, please wait patiently for the data transfer to complete.
(Note: Please avoid to create Inbox during this period, because the conversion will overwrite the new system Inbox with old system mail box.)
- If necessary, old letters can be found from the following URL:
- Faculty personal and student old system: http://oldmail.ncku.edu.tw
- Faculty official old system: http://oldemail.ncku.edu.tw
- The old mail system will shut down on December 30, 2020.
- The main receiving domain of the new system is @ncku.edu.tw, which is compatible with the old domains @email.ncku.edu.tw and @mail.ncku.edu.tw. It can support the three domains at the same time, and does not affect the external contact information.
- Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this revision. If there is any questions, please contact our hotline (extension 61010) or contact the business contractor (Mr. Fu, extension 61016).